Saturday, June 10, 2017

What Kind Of People Does God Use?


What kind of people does God use? From a human point of view, people would think it would be people with a lot of talent or people who are super intelligent, have great leadership skills, or people who are well educated and have many college degrees, or people who are popular and well liked by everyone in the world.  But the truth is, that is not the kind of people God uses at all. God would rather use people who are weak in themselves to do mighty things for him so that he gets all the glory.  It is when people know that they can't do it, but God can.  You see, when we are weak, God works through us so that whatever is done is done all to the glory of God. 
I Corinthians 1:27: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.  
People who are weak have to rely on God's power to do anything for him.  They know that without Christ they can do nothing.
John 15:5: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  This means that the only way our lives can be fruitful and be useful to God is if we are abiding in Jesus, and the only way to be abiding in Jesus is by reading his word, meditating on it, and praying. Even Jesus said he could do nothing without abiding in the Father.
John 5:19: Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.  

The bible says that we cannot serve God with our own human ability, but that we need God's ability to serve him effectively.  I Peter 4:11: If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
When we are serving God through the ability that God alone gives us, then God gets all the praise and glory for it because without him it could not even be possible.  Along the same line is that our sufficiency comes only from God; without him we can do nothing.
II Corinthians 3:5: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

The bible says that the apostle Paul, who was a mighty and Holy Spirit filled man of God, was given a thorn in the flesh, meaning some physical weakness or problem with his body, in order to keep him humble and relying on God.  The passage is in II Corinthians chapter 12:
II Corinthians 12:7: And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8: For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10: Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Notice how it says when we are weak is when we are strong. You see God uses weak people to be used of him so he can get all the glory.  By our own self we can do nothing for God, but through the power of Jesus the bible says we can do all things.
Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
In fact, the bible even says through Jesus we can do the same works that he did and even greater works than he did. That is hard to believe, but that is what the bible says. 
John 14:12: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  Jesus is in heaven with God the Father, but we are still here on earth and we have God's word to tell us how to be fruitful and used of God. Also, the bible says that with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27: And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Being close to Jesus is the only way for God to use you to do mighty works for him, and the way to be close to him is by meditating on the word of God.  Peter and John were Jesus' disciples and apostles that were greatly used of God, and the bible says it was because they had been with Jesus.
Acts 4:13: Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. 
You see Peter and John did not have college degrees or anything like that, but they were greatly used of God, because that is the kind of people God uses.  They were bold witnesses for Jesus, not because of being super intelligent or having a lot of education, but because they had been with Jesus.  They were filled with the Holy Spirit and God used them to get many souls saved.  That is the most important thing you could ever do with your life, to be used of God to keep souls out of hell.


Poetry About Jesus And Salvation


No comments:

Post a Comment